Establishing strategic partnerships with like-minded organisations in Africa, Western Europe and North America is an important operational strategy for ACDEF. In Central and West Africa in particular, ACDEF is working with or through the following organisations or networks.
– The Commission for the Forests of Central Africa or COMIFAC (http://www.biodiv.be/comifac2) – this is the only political and technical authority for the orientation, coordination, harmonization and decision in relation to the conservation and sustainable management of forest and savanna ecosystems in Central Africa.
– Green Actor of West Africa or GAWA network (http://www.gawa.nu) – this is a network of local like-minded NGOs firmly established in 16 countries in West Africa including Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Côte d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo. ACDEF is the only international organisation admitted in the GAWA network to date.
– The Mugangu Foundation or FONDAMU (http://www.fondamu.org/index.html) which is a Congolese Charitable Trust with offices in Kinshasa and South Kivu. FONDAMU mission is to promote peace, economic development and environmental sustainability in a post-conflict Congo.
– Protected Areas Network of Central Africa or RAPAC (http://www.rapac.org) – this is a network made up of protected areas authorities and managers in Cameroon, Congo, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, Central Africa Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, Sao Tome and Principe and Chad.
– West and Central African Council for Agricultural Research and Development or WECARD (http://coraf.infosysplus.org) – through this network, ACDEF is able to work with like-minded non profit organisations in Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Central Africa Republic, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Gabon, Ghana, Mali, Niger, Nigeria and Senegal.
– Network of national NGOs platform for Central and West Africa or REPAOC (http://www.repaoc.org) – through this network, ACDEF is able to operate in Benin, Burkina Faso, Guinea, Mali, Niger, Senegal, Chad and Togo